Applicants for AQD training
- Technologists, technicians, managers, researchers, and extension workers in aquaculture and related disciplines (with the appropriate educational background)
- At least 18 years old
- Able to communicate in English
- In good health
Application for training
- Choose a training course and contact AQD Training Coordinators for the schedule and syllabus.
- Obtain a medical certificate of good health attesting to ability to undertake training and strenuous aquaculture work.
- Fill out an Application for Training.
- Submit a completed Application to the AQD Training Coordinators at least one month before the start of the training course.
- Wait for admission notice.
- Pay the training fees.
- If you are staying for more than two weeks, please secure 47A2 or 9A visa good for the entire duration of your stay in the Philippines.
- Amounts differ by course.
- Fees cover training materials, honoraria for resource persons, field trips, and accident insurance.
- Lodging at AQD Apartments is imperative during the regular training courses.
- Meals are not included.
- Damage deposit is added for courses with laboratory sessions (refundable if no damage is incurred).
- Fees may be paid upon application, admission, or registration.
- Fellowships are available for applicants nominated by their governments through the respective SEAFDEC Council Directors.
In the Philippines, either ~
- Pay to the AQD Cashier at Tigbauan Main Station
- Buy and send Postal Money Order payable to the SEAFDEC Aquaculture Department
- Deposit in the SEAFDEC/AQD account # 307 112877 9 at United Coconut Planters Bank, Iznart Street, Iloilo City
From outside the Philippines, either ~
- By Bank Draft or Demand Draft payable to the SEAFDEC Aquaculture Department
- Telegraphic transfer to the SEAFDEC/AQD account # 023 21000001 1 at Bank of Commerce, Iznart Street, Iloilo City, Philippines. Please add US$15 to the bill to cover bank charges.