Vacancies: 2 ASSOCIATE RESEARCHERS (entry position; could be a RESEARCHER depending on the qualifications)
Assignment: Fish Health Section, Research Division in Tigbauan, Iloilo.
Qualifications: Masters or Doctorate Degree in Biological Sciences, Fisheries or related fields
- With at least one (1) scientific publication categorized under any of the following: Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), and Arts and Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI) as a senior or first author;
- With at least 1-2 years experience in aquaculture or fisheries research; and
- Dedicated and focused in work, trustworthy, goal-oriented, and with good work ethics.
Summary of duties to be performed:
The position conducts and publishes scientific papers on the results of experiments in line with the objectives of the Department.
- Plans, organizes, and directs proposals for research projects and scientific research studies;
- Implements approved proposals for research projects/studies in coordination with other research staff;
- Prepares internal periodic and terminal reports;
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of subordinates;
- Conducts research seminars and supports the activities of the Research Division;
- Evaluates and recommends improvements of research facilities and directions; and
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Application letter addressed to Atty. Isagani M. Dionela (Head, Human Resource Management Section)
- Curriculum vitae with recent 2×2 photo
- A copy of scientific journal publication/s
- Transcript of academic records
- Certificates of previous/current employment and training/seminars attended
The deadline for submission of application is 30 September 2023. For additional inquiries, please contact Tel. No. +63 (033) 330-7045 or 330-7000 local 1432 or 1434.
The Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center/Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD) is an international treaty organization established in 1973. SEAFDEC is mandated to develop and manage the fisheries potential of the region by rational utilization of the resources for providing food security and safety to the people and alleviating poverty through the transfer of new technologies, research, and information dissemination activities.