We are pleased to announce that the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center/Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD) in Tigbauan, Iloilo, an international research institution with career development opportunities is in urgent need of INFORMATION ASSISTANT to be assigned in its Library and Data Banking Services Section, Tigbauan Main Station.
Qualifications: Graduate of Bachelor of Library & Information Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management or related courses
- Should have good scholastic records, preferably belonging to the top 10% of his / her class
- Licensed librarian
- With experience working in the Library- Serials, Technical (Cataloging) or Reference Services Sections
- Knowledgeable in Resource Description & Access (RDA), MARC and the Library of Congress Classification System
- Knowledgeable in library systems, computer applications and use of I.T. equipment
- Client-oriented, can easily grasp instructions, exhibits strong sense of initiative and attention to details
- Flexible, diligent, honest, reliable, knows how to multi-task, and has good work ethics
Summary of duties to be performed:
Responsible for organizing of serials collection and conducting reference services in support of the research, training, and information dissemination programs of the SEAFDEC/AQD for easy access and retrieval; conducting literature search and library instruction; cataloging and indexing of vertical files; preparing publication alert, progress reports and library statistics; facilitating library exchanges, donations, and subscriptions; and performing other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Application letter, curriculum vitae with 2×2 photo, transcript of academic records, and copy of pertinent certifications (PRC certificate of registration and ID, board exam rating results and previous / current certificate of employment)
Interested applicants must submit requirements to the Human Resource Management Section, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center/Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD), Tigbauan, Iloilo.
Applications may be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format thru email to firstname.lastname@example.org