The Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center/Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD) in Tigbauan, Iloilo, an international research institution, is in urgent need of a TECHNICAL ASSISTANT to be assigned to its Fish Health Section, Research Division.
Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Microbiology or Molecular Biology and Biotechnology or Biology major in Microbiology/Molecular Biology/Zoology
- With good scholastic records
- With at least two (2) years of related work experience in microbiology is an advantage
- Fresh graduate is welcome if with an undergraduate course in microbiology (acquired at least 6 units)
- Proficient in various computer applications
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be trustworthy, reliable, honest, and dependable and possess good work ethics
Summary of duties to be performed:
This position is tasked to assist in the conduct of experiments as follows: prepare culture media for bacterial enumeration/isolation/purification; assist in the collection of samples for bacterial enumeration/isolation; perform bacterial characterization using conventional and molecular methods; and record/keep/update hard and electronic copies of generated data); and perform related tasks such as processing of requests like materials for the experiments, travel order, etc. that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Application letter addressed to Ms. Sunshine Mae B. Salonga officer-in-charge of the Human Resource Management Section, curriculum vitae with recent 2×2 photo, copy of the transcript of academic records, diploma, certificate of previous/current employment, and training/seminars attended
Interested applicants should submit requirements online in Microsoft Word format or in PDF through email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of application is on 16 March 2023.
For additional inquiries, please contact Tel. No. +63 (033) 330-7000 local 1432 or 1434.