The Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center/Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD) in Tigbauan, Iloilo, an international research institution, is in urgent need of a CHEMIST to be assigned at its Laboratory Facilities for Advanced Aquaculture Technologies, Research Division.
Qualifications: Licensed Chemist or Licensed Chemical Technician
- With good scholastic records
- With work experience in proximate and microbiological testing is an advantage
- If no experience in microbiological testing, should have at least experience working in a chemical laboratory and hands-on training in microbiological analysis
- Familiar with the basic QA/QC in the laboratory
- With knowledge and experience of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 is an advantage
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess good interpersonal relationship and work ethics
Summary of duties to be performed:
This position is responsible for providing assistance in the implementation of different research studies of SEAFDEC/AQD through performing chemical and microbiological analyses services and various analytical procedures such as proximate analysis in feeds, feed ingredients, fish and other aquaculture products, and microbiological analysis in water, food and other aquaculture products; assisting in the maintenance of the PAB accreditation of the laboratory to ISO/IEC 17025:2017; and performing other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor or higher authority from time to time.
Application letter addressed to Ms. Sunshine Mae B. Salonga officer-in-charge of the Human Resource Management Section, curriculum vitae with recent 2×2 photo, transcript of academic records, diploma, proof of passing the licensure examination, certificate of previous/current employment and trainings/seminars attended
For additional inquiries, please contact Tel. No. +63 (033) 330-7000 local 1432 or 1434.