The Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center/Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD) in Tigbauan, Iloilo, an international research institution with career development opportunities in urgent need of a RESEARCHER for its Technology Verification and Extension Division.
Qualifications: Master of Science in Biological Sciences, Fisheries or related fields with at least 2 publications as senior author in an ISI-indexed journal
- Should have good scholastic records
- At least 3-5 years relevant work experience
- With experience in aquaculture research is an advantage
- Must be trustworthy, honest, reliable and has good work ethics
Summary of duties to be performed:
This position is responsible for conducting verification studies, extension, and packaging and publishing scientific papers and extension manuals in line with the objectives of the Department.
- Proposes verification studies based on research results and conduct aquaculture extension services;
- Translates and promotes research outputs into adoption-ready production systems;
- Organizes, analyses and interprets experimental data for publication in local and international scientific journals and extension manuals;
- Prepares internal periodic and terminal reports;
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of subordinates;
- Conducts research seminars and supports the activities of the Research Division;
- Conducts training and supports the activities of the Training and Information Division;
- Evaluates and recommends improvements of verification sites, facilities and directions; and
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Application letter, curriculum vitae with 2×2 photo, a copy scientific journal publication/s, transcript of academic records, diploma, certificate of previous/current employment and trainings/seminars attended
We are not accepting walk-in applicants until further notice as precautionary measure related to the global pandemic, CoVid-19.
For additional inquiries, please contact Tel. No. +63 (033) 330-7000 local 1432 or 1434.