The Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center/Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD) in Tigbauan, Iloilo, an international research institution, is in urgent need of an INFORMATION ASSISTANT (Project-based) to be assigned at its Library and Data Banking Services Section, Training and Information Division.
Graduate of Bachelor of Library and Information Science OR if graduate of related course, should have at least three (3) years relevant work experience
- A licensed Librarian
- Should have good scholastic records
- With experience working in the Special Library is an advantage, but not required
- With knowledge or technical work experience and background on the following is an advantage, but not required:
- preparation of bibliographic records and indexing for database and ILS
- Anglo-American Cataloging Rules (AACR2 revised ed.) and Resource Description and Access (RDA) for descriptive cataloging
- Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH) and Aquatic Science Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA) Thesaurus for subject access
- Library of Congress Classification for classification of materials
- Metadata schema/markup standards such as Dublin Core, XML, and MARC21
- DSpace and/or Eprints and other digital asset management or institutional repository systems
- Digitization standards
- With superior written and oral communication skills
- Flexible, diligent, honest, reliable, knows how to multi-task, can deliver and work under pressure and has good work ethics
Summary of duties to be performed:
This position is responsible for providing assistance in the development of an Aquatic New Index (ANI) Database; monitoring and organizing of SEAFDEC Media Appearances; and performing of other duties that may be assigned by his/her supervisor or higher authority from time to time.
Application letter, curriculum vitae with 2×2 photo, transcript of academic records, diploma, proof of passing the licensure examination, and certificate of previous/current employment and trainings/seminars attended
For additional inquiries, please contact Tel. No. +63 (033) 330-7000 local 1432 or 1434.