The Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center/Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD) in Tigbauan, Iloilo, an international research institution, is in urgent need of an INFORMATION SPECIALIST 2 (EXECUTIVE EDITOR) to be assigned at its Development Communication Section, Training and Information Division.
Master’s Degree in Development Communication, Information Technology, Biology, Fisheries, Agriculture or related course with five (5) years relevant supervisory work experience in information, education and/or development communication
- Should have good scholastic records
- Has background with practical presswork and/or actual experience in newsletter, book, multi-media and/or other communication projects
- With superior written and oral communication skills
- Have a high level of proficiency in multimedia software especially Photoshop, InDesign, and other multi-media software
- Flexible, diligent, honest, reliable, knows how to multi-task, can deliver and work under pressure and has good work ethics
Summary of duties to be performed:
This position is responsible for the planning, organizing and monitoring of the strategically important and regularly-produced or updated information tools like the AQD website and the newsletters/magazine (AQD Matters, SEAFDEC Newsletter, Fish-for-the-People). Likewise, the position is assigned in distributing work assignments to and monitoring progress of Development Communication staff, coordinating with other news correspondents within the Department, and performing other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Application letter, curriculum vitae with 2×2 photo, transcript of academic records, diploma, samples of body of work, and previous/current employment certifications
For additional inquiries, please contact Tel. No. +63 (033) 330-7000 local 1432 or 1434.