We are pleased to announce that Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center / Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD) in Tigbauan, Iloilo, an international organization with career development opportunities is in need of an:
INFORMATION SPECIALIST I (SYSTEMS & NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR) for its Development Communication Section, Training and Information Division.
Graduate of BS Degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, ECE or relevant field with at least seven (7) years supervisory work experience in computer systems and network administration
Graduate of Master’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, ECE or related field with at least three (3) years supervisory work experience in systems and network administration
- With at least three (3) years experience in installation, setup, deployment, and maintenance of network access, firewall, and network security protocols for Local Area Network (LAN) systems, and Linux & Windows server administration (specifically in the following areas: Active directory, DHCP, DNS, Group policies, firewall & internet content filtering, back-up and recoverability of Windows/Linux systems)
- Should be knowledgeable in SQL Server, MySQL database maintenance, LAMP systems (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) and email server configurations, and website development, maintenance and security
- IT certification on Microsoft, CISCO Systems, ITIL Foundation, and Project Management is an advantage
- Possesses good organizational skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Exhibits excellent oral and written communication and client service skills
- With strong sense of initiative, innovation, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be trustworthy, honest, reliable, and has good work ethics
Summary of duties to be performed:
The position is responsible for the integrity and security of the AQD computer network infrastructure and shall perform the following related duties and responsibilities:
- Administers, maintains, and technically supports the AQD computer infrastructure through:
- monitoring the current and future servers, i.e., for the website, webmail, authentication, OPAC, database, file, financial data and the photo server
- performing regular database back-ups including financial data
- observing and ensuring that adequate and consistent security protocols adhere to industry standards
- instituting emergency data recovery procedures and countermeasures in case of intrusions/virus attacks and other disasters
- analyzing, recommending and implementing new systems and network design, modifications or improvements to optimize information technology
- acquiring of multi-user and other software licenses
- Performs other related and pertinent tasks such as but not limited to routine monitoring and troubleshooting of computers and peripherals in the AQD network, evaluates option/s of outsourcing and repairs and/or installation requirements, supervises the Information Assistant, and shall perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Application letter, curriculum vitae, transcript of academic records, copy of pertinent certifications (licenses, current/previous certificate of employment etc)
Interested applicants must submit requirements to the Human Resource Management Section, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center /Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD), Tigbauan, Iloilo. Deadline of submission is on 06 January 2012.
Applications may be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format thru email to email@example.com