Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center / Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD), an international institution with career development opportunities, is in need of:
ONE INFORMATION ASSISTANT to be assigned at the Tigbauan Main Station, Tigbauan, Iloilo.
Qualifications: Graduate of Bachelor of Library & Information Science, Bachelor of Science in Information Technology/Management or related courses
– with relevant library work experience; fresh graduate is also considered
– licensed librarian
– knowledgeable in AACR2r (Anglo-American Cataloging Rules), MARC and the Library of Congress Classification System
– knowledgeable in library systems, computer applications and use of I.T. equipment
– client-oriented, can easily grasp instructions, exhibits strong sense of initiative and attention to details
– hardworking, trustworthy, honest, reliable and has good work ethics
Summary of duties to be performed:
This position is responsible for providing library and information services and assisting in the organization of the library materials in support of the research, training and information dissemination programs of SEAFDEC/AQD.
– Assists in descriptive cataloging and classification of library materials
– Assists in updating in-house databases such as OPAC, digital library and institutional repository
– Maintains physical upkeep of shelf list and vertical files
– Assists in preparing and disseminating of holdings through bibliographies, abstracts and path finders
– Manages circulation desk and assists preparing library reports/statistics
– Assists in answering reference questions and inquiries
– Assists researchers and visitors in browsing the OPAC/databases, locating, printing, scanning and photocopying reference materials
– Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Requirements: Application letter, resume, transcript of academic records, and copy of pertinent certifications (PRC certificate of registration and ID, board exam rating results and previous / current certificate of employment)
Interested applicants may submit requirements to the Human Resource Management Section, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center / Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD), Tigbauan, Iloilo. Deadline of submission is on 30 November 2011.
Applications may be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format thru email to firstname.lastname@example.org.