The Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center/Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD), an international research institution based in Tigbauan, Iloilo is in urgent need of a TECHNICAL ASSISTANT for its Binangonan Freshwater Station, Research Division, Binangonan, Rizal.
Bachelor’s degree in Aquaculture, Fisheries, Biology, Marine Science or related courses
- With at least two (2) years related work experience in biological research or in aquaculture
- Should be a licensed Fisheries Technologist (if B.S. Fisheries graduate)
- Willing to be assigned in Binangonan, Rizal
- Knowledgeable in primary computer applications (MS word, excel, power point, and statistical programs)
- Must be willing to do fieldwork
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be hardworking, honest, dependable, and has good work ethics
Summary of duties to be performed:
The position is tasked to assist in the conduct of experiments (e.g. processing of feed ingredients, feed preparation, culture of live feeds, breeding and larval rearing, nursery and grow-out); prepare study-related documents; procurement of supplies/materials needed; collect, interpret and summarize data generated from the implemented projects; help search for literatures/published scientific information needed by the Study Leader(s) in manuscript preparation and in statistical data analysis; and perform other duties that may be assigned by supervisors from time to time.
Application letter, curriculum vitae with 2×2 photo, transcript of academic records, diploma, proof of passing the licensure examination, and certifications from previous / current employment and seminars attended
Interested applicants must submit requirements to the Human Resource Management Section, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center/Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD), Tigbauan, Iloilo. Deadline of submission is on 25 January 2018.
For additional inquiries, please contact Tel. No. +63 (033)-7000 local 1432 or 1434.