We are pleased to announce that the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center/Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD) in Tigbauan, Iloilo, an inter-governmental scientific research institution is in need of at least an ASSOCIATE RESEARCHER (entry level only; could be Researcher, Associate Scientist, Scientist as appropriate to qualifications) for its Socioeconomics Section, Research Division.
Graduate of Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MS), or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in any of the following disciplines: Sociology, Community Development, Rural Sociology, Social Development, Development Management and Governance, Applied Sociology and Anthropology, Applied Social Psychology or other related fields
- Should have good scholastic records
- Scientific publication in an ISI-CC covered journal is an advantage
Summary of duties to be performed:
The staff is expected to conduct research in line with the objectives and priorities of the Department and publish results in scientific journals
- Conceptualizes and writes research proposals
- Conducts/implements approved scientific research studies/projects in coordination with other research staff
- Organizes, analyzes and interprets experimental data for publication in local and international scientific journals (preferably ISI-covered journals)
- Prepares internal periodic and terminal reports
- Supervises and evaluates performance of subordinates
- Conducts research seminars and supports the activities of the Research Division
- Evaluates and recommends improvements of research facilities and directions
- Performs other duties, such as training and information dissemination, that may be assigned from time to time
Application letter, curriculum vitae, transcript of academic records, previous/current employment certification/s, and copy of applicant’s scientific journal publication/s
Interested applicants should submit requirements to the Human Resource Management Section, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center/ Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC/AQD), Tigbauan, Iloilo.
Applications may be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format thru email to email@example.com
For additional inquiries, please contact Tel. No. +63 (033) 330-7000 local 1432 or 1434.