SEAFDEC/AQD is accepting volunteer workers who have options to either get wet or not. Volunteers can either be Filipino citizens or foreign nationals. They can assist on community projects or serve as docent in Fishworld.
1. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. We also accept younger ones like high school students upon request of their schools.
2. Able to communicate in English and in good health.
3. Farm operators, extension workers in aquaculture, researchers, managers, technologists / technicians are also welcome for a more “directed work.”
Length of Time:
There is no specific length of time. Internship is tailored on the volunteer’s goal.
1. Volunteers can stay in SEAFDEC guest houses and studio apartments. There is a cafeteria within the compound and a nice restaurant nearby. Wi-Fi hotspots are also available within the vicinity.
2. They have the option to stay in Iloilo City where the big hotels are. SEAFDEC/AQD provides bus service 7 am and 5:15 pm.
There is a 24-hour security among SEAFDEC stations.
Boracay (6-hour landtrip)
Guimaras Island (RORO or pump boats can get you there)
Nogas Island, tip of Antique province – you can do Scuba diving there
Miagao Church (20-min ride from SEAFDEC) – UNESCO heritage site
San Joaquin Church – town after Miag-ao, has baroque façade structure
Negros Occidental – you can do extreme sports such as Slide for Life in Mambukal Resort
Sta. Monica Church, Panay, Capiz – Home of the largest bell in Asia. You can get there via landtrip.